Avenir Restaurant Group History
Avenir Restaurant Group originated in 1993 with the opening of Mistral Restaurant in Redwood Shores. As the company has grown so has the operation team.
2011: Greg St.Claire becomes an active partner in Rancho Alena Cattle Co., which is focused on raising Pure Bred Wagyu/Angus cross cattle. Rancho Alena beef is raised exclusively for the Avenir Restaurant Group and is 100% natural and no growth hormones or antibiotics are ever used.
2006: Conceptualized and designed by Greg St. Claire, Town opened in early 2006 in the former space of A Tavola. The restaurant features Regional American Cuisine with wood fired rotisserie chicken, steaks, chops and fresh seafood. The oval bar is the center piece featuring hand crafted, refreshing cocktails. A Wine cellar, private dining and a wood burning fireplace round this concept out.
2002: D'asaro opened in 2002 to rave reviews and a 3 star review from Michael Bauer. This authentic Italian Trattoria was sold to famed Italian Chef Donato Scotti and is now known as Donato's
2001: Located in Redwood City, Milagros is an authentic Mexican Cantina featuring pure, classic Latin Cocktails and Cuisine. Our food represents the many diverse regions of Mexico. The restaurant features a large outdoor patio that seats 80, the outdoor Hacienda tequila bar, private dining rooms and a ceviche bar.
2001: Designed, conceptualized and operated by Avenir Restaurant Group in early 2001, Kingfish was a collaboration of Greg St. Claire and Tony Flier. It was sold to Kathy Petrin, a former Avenir employee, in July, 2004. The restaurant still features most of Tony Fliers signature ‘Cajun con Fusion Dishes’. Check them out for some fun New Orleans cuisine.
2001: In January 2001 Avenir Restaurant Group was formed to oversee all restaurant operations. In addition to operating the Avenir Restaurants, we specialize in Design, Consultation and Conceptualization for other restaurants. The corporate offices are located in the Tivoli building located above Town restaurant in Downtown San Carlos.
1999: The Historic Little Store, which dates back to the early 1900’s, was slated to be converted to a design studio. In 1999 Avenir stepped in and saved it from conversion to offices. The space was refurbished and restored as an historic dining spot for generations to come. Avenir sold it in late 2000 to a local operator.
1996: Located right off of University Avenue in Palo Alto in the Historic Ramona corridor, the restaurant occupies the Historic Pedro de Lemos building which dates back to 1908. The cuisine is Cajun con Fusion and features the food of Chef Tony Flier. It is a wild fusion of the many diverse cultures that inhabit New Orleans. Nola is decorated with one of the largest collection of Southern folk art in the country. The two story restaurant features 9 different dining rooms, a open air courtyard and 3 fireplaces. After a couple of Hurricanes you will swear you are in New Orleans.
1995: Conceptualized and opened in 1995, the restaurant featured Regional American Cuisine with a focus on Italian American dishes. It was located in downtown San Carlos until a kitchen fire in early 2006. The concept was relocated to Redwood City while the restaurant was rebuilt. In typical Avenir fashion we took this opportunity to introduce a new concept which is now TOWN restaurant. A Tavola was closed and the staff relocated to San Carlos in late 2006.
1993: Conceptualized, designed and built by Greg St. Claire and Tim Fabatz in early 1993, it was the first of our restaurants and launched the company. Located on the water in Redwood Shores, the restaurant features California Cuisine, a large outdoor waterfront patio with wood burning fireplace, two private dining rooms and a wood fired pizza oven. It was sold in late 2006 to Chef Tim Fabatz.